Monday, July 5, 2010

Hiking

Last weekend we tore ourselves away from housework and hiked Rattlesnake Ridge with some of the other employees at Noah's gym. It's not a terribly tough hike... 4 miles round trip, however, you are climbing a ridge, so the first half is completely uphill. Then you mix in a group of personal trainers and well, I'm sure you can imagine! :-) I did pretty well and was fairly pleased with my fitness at the end of it. However, the next morning I was so surprised to find I could barely make it DOWN the stairs. Apparently running down a mountain trail works all kinds of funny little muscles in your ankles and calves. Hmmm... not completely sure how to work those out in the gym. Anyway, there are some beautiful views from the top:





1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful. I felt that way after rock climbing once- I had a hard time opening my car door because my forearms were so sore.

    ReplyDelete