Saturday, November 13, 2010

Costumes and Parties

October was full of preparations and activities.  We went to the Columbia Tower Club for their Masquerade Ball with our friends Rory and Cameron.  It was loads of fun with lots of great food, magicians, acrobats, music, and dancing.  It was quite the extravaganza!

Although half of the fun, of course, was planning and putting together the costumes. :-)  The four of us went as characters from Alice in Wonderland (the 2010 version).  Cameron and Rory were the Mad Hatter and the Red Queen.  Noah and I were the White Rabbit and the White Queen.  We even made our own plaster masks.  At the ball we came in second in the costume contest, so we must not have done too bad! Thanks to the creative genius of our friend Cameron.  Here is a picture of me in the process while we were molding our faces:


It kind of hurt to peel the masks off, but afterward I had really soft skin... must have the same properties as those mud masques!

Here are a few pictures from the night with some new friends as well:







A close-up of me as a blonde and really pale skin... I don't want to tell you how much makeup I had to put on to get that pale!



Once that night was over, it was on to plan the next weekend, which was the actual weekend of halloween, and Noah's 30th birthday.  So, I threw him a big halloween birtheday party at the house to celebrate.  Unfortunately I don't have many great photos, but we had a ton of fun with friends and neighbors... and I kind of went a bit crazy with the decorations, but hey, I had fun transforming our home into a spooky haunted house.  I now have three tubs full of halloween decorations and baking instruments.  Guess I'll have to have a party every year now... oh well!  You are all invited ;-)

Here are a couple photos...







No comments:

Post a Comment